Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day as a TeachUp! Intern

   My first day of training was one that I will never forget.  I was impressed with how the material was presented, as well as with the professionalism displayed by my colleagues.  I was also surprised at what I had learned and the things I didn't know that were right in front of me.  I learned about everything from Google Mail to Podcasts. 
   Some of the most interesting things that I learned about were the features of Google, like Google Docs and Google Earth because it allowed me to gain knowledge about simple features that I saw all the time, but never used for fear of doing something wrong.  I also learned how to incorporate these features into a classroom environment.  The most difficult thing I learned about had to do with podcasts because I was challenged to face my fear of public speaking.
   Overall, my first day went very well.  By the time it ended, I knew that I had made the right decision by accepting the position as a TeachUp! Intern and that it would be a rewarding learning experience.  I also realized that although I was not expected to know everything about technology, I still had much to learn within a short period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment